Do you run your return pump on your Apex or another controller?

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I've read older threads with pro's and con's which we all probably are aware of if we use a controller.
However with recent inhancements in technology, it changes things up a bit.

Please explain why you do or don't run your return pump on your controller.

Thanks

I run my return pump on my Apex mainly for the feed option and auto feeding when I'm away. However i'm concerned about if (when) my Apex goes out my two power heads on battery back up may not be enough flow to keep all inhabitants alive. After all, it's a man made electronic that will fail over time!

I rum my return on my apex controller for the Convenience and automation.
I don't believe that the retun creates enough flow anyway, for me it's basically for filtration and as long as all the fall backs are set right on the apex if it fails all should run as it should.
I would have the power heads plugged in the backup and even if it is controlled by the controller it would still go into fall back mode.
There is only so much we can do incase the power fails.

I have mine ran the through my apex for ease and convenience when doing maintenance.

I have mine on my RKE so that I can go to standby mode when I'm feeding or doing maintenance. I have 4 different times set up for standby depending on what I'm doing in the tank.

My return pump is controlled by the Apex. Remote control should I need it (i.e.: moisture detection), feed cycles, and maintenance.

I have not run my new dc pump through my Reef angel yet, but I will. My old mag24 was ran through the controller for all thr reasons stated above.

I run all of my pumps on my Apex. Easy shutoff for maintenance and feed mode <3. Are there really any good reasons NOT to run it on the Apex? Maybe higher amperage pumps? I run Mag5-9s so I never really pull all that much power.

Like others have said its a great way to control feed modes. But, with the new Jaebo DC controller via Apex or just buying a reef angel cable and dimming light cable from Apex you can also control the speed and flow patterns of your Jaebo DC pump. Your no longer limited by the 6 settings available on the Jaebo controller. It's the same programming and connections you use with any of the Jaebo power heads to mimic the Vortech modes.

My return pump has constant power on a seperate circuit. If the controller fails, I want my return to be unaffected.

Controllers are great, but not great enough to warrant that risk for me.

Skriz;991951 wrote: My return pump has constant power on a seperate circuit. If the controller fails, I want my return to be unaffected.

Controllers are great, but not great enough to warrant that risk for me.

I agree, wish I had an open breaker. Thinking of adding another small box just for this reason and to be ready when I put in my lap pool :)

No reason to run my return on my controller imo. The only reason i ever turn it off is to clean it every 6 months or so...

Back