Do you use a chiller?

geno

Market
Reaction score
With my 125 and the 2 pumps and all the lights -- temps get up to 83 but drop to about 79 at night. I assume the <u>change</u> is gradual and mostly harmless. Certainly marine reefs must have some swings in temp from noon to midnight. In fact I did a little research online and found that the great barrier reef daily swings in the summer are pretty darn dramatic.

Nonetheless, I want to stablize my temp and I don't think fans are going to do the job. And it's just too much hassle to change out frozen bottles in the sump.

Any recommendations on a chiller and size? These suckers are expensive from what I can tell.

Hey, I'm in the market for a good pre-owned one.

-geno

Here is one on temp swings in a
a>.

Check those temps -- need to convert to F-degrees (at least for me). I was really surprised at the seasonal and daily swings.

I have noticed a big difference in temperatures while snorkeling near the wall on a reef in Hawaii... the constant 85+ degree is where you get into trouble I had a Fish stew waiting for me when I got home from a short trip. There was a brown out and my MH's turned on but every thing else on a separate breaker was off. I am Probably going to invest in one for peace of mind as well as a UPS

If you add fans, I suggest putting them on a temp controller so you are not taking the temp down farther than needed.

I've got a 6" clip on fan in the sump and two very small fans blowing across the top at one end of the top -- I don't have a canopy.

We do tend to run the house temp about 79 in the summer -- so I think a chiller is in my future.

Back