Does any1 know how to get rid of red bugs?

yrevanth

Market
Reaction score
Hi,

I have red bugs on 1 of my acro colonies and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Is interceptor the only way To go? Or would you guys prescribe something else?

Thanks,
Rev

Where do I get interceptor?

Sorry, first time I have this issue, Will a vet sell it to me?

Or does anyone on here have it?

Message me if you can't find any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The problem with interceptor is it will kill all your inverts (Crabs/Shrimp etc). So if you cant get them out, they are toast. make sure you do your research on how to do it. The good news is it seems to be pretty forgiving. I have never lost a single coral from treating my old tank. When people first starting using it, they went crazy with carbon and HUGE water changes etc after. I think the stuff is actually fairly harmless.

Pull the rock the acro colony is on, dip in Bayer for 10-15 minutes. Red bugs gone.

thanks for all the responses guys.. unfortunately I had to break down that tank, as the problem got way out of hand..:( thankfully no issues in ny second tank..

xilez;1116870 wrote: Pull the rock the acro colony is on, dip in Bayer for 10-15 minutes. Red bugs gone.

This only works if you have a single acro....

If you have red bugs on one acro, they all have it...or you have to assume so. Unless you mount your acros in such a way that they can all be removed and treated, you really dont have much choice but to treat the tank.

So for those of you who have not put acros in the tank yet, you may want to think about this :). Getting pests in the tank is just a reality that many of us face, and redbugs is probably the most harmless of all of them. If you have AEFW or nudis etc.....you have no choice but to take them out and treat them, and you cant do just one in those cases either.

I've always need up treating the whole tank. You'd be REALLY lucky to get all of any sort of a pest by simply removing what you think they are on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back