Does anyone else have to do this?

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone else have to pick up there skimmer til the venturi is out of the water to get there skimmer to work right after restarting it? I never had to do it b4 but now i have a nyos and an eshoppes that will not work until the venturi sucks in some air above the surface. Just curious.

What is the water level set at on the skimmer in the sump? The usual 7-9" high? Is water getting into the air intake tube below the silencer/baffle where the air enters the skimmer? Perhaps it's leaking water in/not fully seated.

Water level is at 9". Pumps are clean. I actually had a new replacement pump for the nyos i swapped out still does the same thing. The eshoppes did it right from the start brand new. It has no effect on performance both work great. Just thought it was odd. Just a minor inconvenience. Kinda like priming them or something.

That's not normal. Another place to clean is the venturi. Where the air line goes in is prone to clogging due to buildup or something physically getting in there.

If the venturi is clean as a whistle then try raising the skimmer a half inch at a time till it's starting up correctly without having to lift it.

Back