Does anyone keep Dwarf Lionfish?

budsreef

Market
Reaction score
The new 65G I'm putting together is going to have one or two Dwarf Lionfish as the main occupants. I haven't done enough reading yet to know if you can even keep two together. Has anyone kept these and if so in what size tank and with what other fish? I'm also thinking of putting in a Snowflake Eel, a Bicolor or Lemonpeel Angelfish and maybe a suitable wrasse if there is such a thing.

This is also going to be my weed tank. Every weed coral I have is going in this tank and they can fight it out to see who takes over the most real estate; GSP, Yellow polyps, xenia, anthelia, and Kenya Tree will be the first ones in.

I have kept a few. One of my favorite fish. You can keep just about any fish that will not fit into its mouth. Be cautious of overly aggressive fish as well that could hurt it.

Your list of fish sounds good. I have had them in my 46 bowfront and in the 125, which were both reef tanks.

Thanks James. Did you keep more than one at a time and what else did you keep with the one in the 46G?

One at a time, although I plan on trying two in my big tank at some point. Keep in mind these guys are picky eaters at first. But once you start them eating they will eat everything from Flake food,pellets,shrimp,silversides......

My 46 had your basic reef fish. Yellow Tang,Coral Beauty,Yellow tail Damsels,and I cannot even remember what else.

Back