Does anyone keep fish in frag tanks?

budsreef

Market
Reaction score
Now that I have had my frag tank running for a while with a sump that has live rock and cheato I'm getting a lot of pods pumped up to the frag tank. Is this any cause for concern? Should I put a wrasse or something else in there to eat them? It's a 20L with all softies at the moment, mushrooms, zoas, clove polyps, star polyps, xenia and kenya tree. I've got a couple of Astreas and Nerite Snails, two Blue-legged Dwarf Hermits and a Sally Lightfoot Crab helping out with any algae.

U can but the pods wont really hurt anything, i like to use my frag as my wrasse tank

I see fish in frag tanks all the time at the LFS's, so it would seem to be a good thing. I thought it was probably for algae control; I never though about pods.

I believe Mitch had a Foxface in his frag tank to help control some of the hair algae before I bought his set up. I'm starting to think it was a good idea! Any body have a spare Foxface?? :)

bobz

I think just about every frag tank I've seen also housed a fish!

I have a six line in mine. I should pick up a foxface or tang to help with the algea...

I have a coral beauty, purple tang and algae blenny in my 40GAL Frag. I honestly would have put a good hair algae eater in there in hindsight. Maybe a yellow tang and lawnmower blenny would have been a good combo.

Back