Does anyone use Fiji Gold?

cgill311

Market
Reaction score
I inherited a jar of Fiji Gold coral & lr supplement. Is this stuff any good? I have a few SPS in my 30G tank, but I'm assuming the calcium demand in my tank is fairly low. I run kalkwasser with my ATO, so that may supply all the Ca my tank needs.

Anyone have experience with this stuff?

It is basically ground up coral. There is a dispute if the coral extension is because they like it, or (more probably) because they are trying to get rid of the particles. It won't hurt, but probably won't help.

I have used it in the past with little results, It seems to make the tank rather cloudy for extended periods of time. I believe i was told this was because much of the calcium is insoluble in a high ph environment like a reef tank. Perhaps you could dose it in your top-off water. regardless unless you are going with a calcium reactor something like the two-part B-ionic or the Seamchem Reef Advantage products would probably be a better choice.

i used it, and still do. my calcium level has never ever droped below 450 the 3 or 4 years i have been doing saltwater

How do you dose it? I still have some lying around i was thinking about what the best way to use it would be, do you use anything other than the fiji? I believe it said something about raising both calcium and alkalinity? Just curious....Thanks, patrick

Back