Does your Korilia 4 make a racket?

geno

Market
Reaction score
I just installed 2 Korilia 4s in my 125 -- one seems reasonably quiet -- the other has some vibrating sound coming from it. I've turned that sucker every which way loose.

Any thoughts or recommenations?

-geno

Take the cap off and just make sure the insides are all aligned... or a shell in it. I've had that happen before. They shouldn't hum normally.

I have a couple of the 4s and same thing when I first started using them. One was noisy... one was quiet. It took a while, but the one did eventually break in and quiet down.

are they good water movers for the money? I cant drop money on tunzes right now. I had good luck with seios before...

I have two 4's and the only time I had noise is when one needed cleaning. Check the little black plastic boot under the impeller as well. If that is missing or on the wrong side, it could cause noise.

mapleredta;154812 wrote: are they good water movers for the money? I cant drop money on tunzes right now. I had good luck with seios before...

IMO, bang for the buck... still can't beat modded Maxijets.

everyone's got one laying around somewhere... $15 for the prop and BANG! you're moving 1200 GPH out of an MJ900.

modded MJ1200s supposedly move 2000GPH with the new sureflo mod.

I'll check the inside of the pump that's buzzing.

I'd like to know more about the MJ modifications -- sounds very interesting.

the aviarium had the eco mod for $15. not too shabby.

i threw it on a MJ1200 and it's the bomb. it's AC so you can't use it on a wavemaker but boy does it move water...

I love my Koralias! I have two nanos in my Seahorse tank. They provided plenty of flow which seahorses do need without blasting the poor things against the glass. My gorgs (even my difficult ones) really benefit from the full, but not direct flow.

I have noticed that one of mine does need constant cleaning though. The minute it starts to get growth on it it seizes. They have only gotten better with the more generations Hydor makes.

Just installed two 4's in my tank two weeks ago and they are working like a champ and quietly too. I agree, something must not be put together or seated just right. They shouldn't really make much noice at all.

As far as if they are good water movers for the money.....go ask my Canary Blenny as he shoots half way across the tank when he plays in one of the current streams.

how many would you think id need in my new 135? (going to be a reef)

sorry for the thread hi-jack

mapleredta;155037 wrote: how many would you think id need in my new 135? (going to be a reef)

sorry for the thread hi-jack
are you going to have hard corals? i say a minimum of 20x turnover 30x is better.

mapleredta;155102 wrote: how do you calculate that blind?

well i belive the karolia 4 outputs 1200gph so i multiply that by (number of power heads) then divide that by how many gallons the tank is.

Back