Dolimite

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
Anyone here tried dolomite or something similar.

I heard that the ph in our reactor is not low enough to break it down. This has been the main reason for not tying it.

I also found this product has anyone tried it? If there is enough interest we can get a group order together.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=885">http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=885</a>

Joe

from what I hear you have to get the PH down around 6 to desolve it, and that will turn most calc media to mush. You would need to get the large(like 1-3" peices) calc media to be safe, and spend some trial and error time figuring out how much to put in the reactor, but yes it does work.

Not that i want to have to buy another piece of equipment but someone should make a small reactor just for it. I would think you could just t off the calcium reactor co2 feed and add a ph controller reverse flow cylinder and you have it.

joe

The trick to setting up correctly is you have to follow the following procedure:

1. add dolomite to chamber
2. seal chamber and set bubble rate and drip rate as normal.
3. do the robot
4. scream "DOLOMITE" as loud as you can while performing step #3

Skriz;202851 wrote: The trick to setting up correctly is you have to follow the following procedure:

4. scream "DOLOMITE" as loud as you can while performing step #3

:lol2: :lol2:

I spelled dolomite wrong in the title and i can't fix it.:shout:

Joe

I use the zeomag in my schuran reactor. I keep the pH around 6.0 so I reckon it is doing the job...

I have been wanting to try some of this stuff but couldnt find it. Pm me if you order and I may go in with you on it, just to experiment with.

Hey jessezm do you run the large or small size media?

I will let you know if I order.

Joe

Large size I think, but I'll have to check... I run it in a schuran reactor, which requires large media, but it's still smaller than the large ca reactor media, so I use a mesh bag to keep particles from clogging up the reactor. It would be easier to just mix it in with the media, though, so I may try that next time...

Back