Don't Buy an Eshopps skimmer!

mattgee87

Market
Reaction score
So I bought a S120 skimmer a while back and have had it in the box till i got everything ready on my new tank build. Well I put the skimmer in the sump and low and behold the "seam" up the side of the body leaks like a sift. So I contact Eshopps and this is the answer I get..:sick:

<span style="font-family: &quot;">From:</span><span style="font-family: &quot;"> Matt Gee
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 11:42 AM
To: mailto:sales@eshopps.com">sales@eshopps.com</a>
[B]Subject:[/B] S120 Skimmer problem </span>

I bought a S120 Skimmer from a retailer about 6 months ago ( no receipt ) and it is leaking micro bubbles from the body of the skimmer. It leaks right were the seam is in the body of the skimmer, the gap is about the width of a license. I have never abused this skimmer and it looks brand new. What do I need to do about getting a new body.

<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;"></span></span>

<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;"></span></span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;">
</span></span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;">Hello,</span></span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;"> </span></span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;"><span style="font-family: &quot;">I do apologize for there is nothing I can do without a receipt, however if you wish to purchase a S-120 cone skimmer body the cost is $70.00 plus the cost for the shipping (would have to check the cost for the shipping depending on your location.</span></span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;">Sandy</span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;">Customer Service</span>
<span style="color: #1F497D;">626-968-3678 Ext. 110</span>

Not unusual most companies won't do anything without a receipt. Did you buy online? Or local store. Maybe they can look it up

I have to agree. Without proof of purchase they're under no obligation to help.

Having said that, if it is a manufacturing defect (which it sounds like it is...) it would have been good customer service to take care of it anyway, but they have no way of establishing it if it was bought new or used etc.

Did you try speaking with the store you bought it from? They can probably print a receipt copy for you OR they may be able to handle an exchange for you. When I had my shop I'd have been able to handle that for you without you having to jump through hoops (if you'd bought it from me).

Jenn

Not what you want to hear but it's probably an easy fix with some weld on

my issue is that they won't do anything even though its purely bad craftsmanship. I mean even if it was bought 2nd hand ( which it wasn't ) if you can look at it , and can tell it is brand new why not be a good company and fix your issue. I just don't understand how a receipt is going to fix this issue or help them understand why they have an issue.

if they haven't actually seen the skimmer, they don't know that it looks brand new. You could be lying for all they know. Sure this isn't your fault, but i don't know that i'd blame them either.

I also had the eshopps S-120 and I did not notice the unwelded seam until I cleaned it for the first time. I thought it was odd that they wouldn't weld the seam, but I guess that's where it gets the "economy" name from. It did work well for me while I had it.

Back