Don't let your expensive Monti Frags fall on a Ricordea!

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
This is what happens:

>

That monti is doomed... You should throw it out in a plastic baggie on your deck in a cooler. I'll dispose of that bio-waste for yah no charge.

FutureInterest;248604 wrote: That monti is doomed... You should throw it out in a plastic baggie on your deck in a cooler. I'll dispose of that bio-waste for yah no charge.

This is Dr. Mac's Reverse Sunset Montipora, purchased at the Chattanooga Frag Swap. It'll come back. Closest thing to a reversed color Tyree Sunset Monti I have seen from a growth appearance perspective.

Yah its a nice color. Of course its coming back lol. Glad you caught it in time though those rics can do crazy damage.

FutureInterest;248607 wrote: Yah its a nice color. Of course its coming back lol. Glad you caught it in time though those rics can do crazy damage.

I have snails that are always knocking off stuff from my frag racks. I have a nice growing frag of Tyree IceFire Echinata that takes a 1.5 foot dive about twice a week. I always find it face down on the sand, and it doesn't get hurt.

Anyways, I have decided that I want a clean display, so I just set this frag tank up this week plumbed into my system, so all my frags are going in there . Same lighting (Helios 250 watt 20K), but overdriven with a PFO HQI ballast. My 210 has Helios 400 watters driven with CV electric ballasts. the Frag light burns whiter, very similar to a Phoenix 14K. Just a touch of blue.
>

Dave I lost a watermelon frag a few months back to the same thing. Dang Yuma had a powerful sting....

I was reading somewhere that PFO wasnt making ballast or anything anymore...they were moving more toward the LED systems

Acroholic;248609 wrote: I have snails that are always knocking off stuff from my frag racks. I have a nice growing frag of Tyree IceFire Echinata that takes a 1.5 foot dive about twice a week. I always find it face down on the sand, and it doesn't get hurt.

Anyways, I have decided that I want a clean display, so I just set this frag tank up this week plumbed into my system, so all my frags are going in there . Same lighting (Helios 250 watt 20K), but overdriven with a PFO HQI ballast. My 210 has Helios 400 watters driven with CV electric ballasts. the Frag light burns whiter, very similar to a Phoenix 14K. Just a touch of blue.
http://www.discusdave.com/images/frag_tank.JPG" alt="" />[/QUOTE]

what pendent is that? lumenarc?

DrNecropolis;248667 wrote: I was reading somewhere that PFO wasnt making ballast or anything anymore...they were moving more toward the LED systems

na, they're still moving their ballasts...they sell too many of them to stop right now.

Back