Dorso Overflow noisy

wadadligem

Reaction score
Started my first sump and loving flow but my dorso drain sounds like a running toilet. Anyway to quiet it down

Herbie mod works well. Needs 2 drain tubes. One has a gate valve used to tune the siphon until it's pretty much silent. The second higher drain pipe is open 100% and acts as an emergency drain in case the main one gets clogged. Only a trickle of water flows through it normally.

Things to check to help stop toilet sound- Make sure the air hole is clear- if clogged that is a problem, make sure the water is at proper height- should be able to see top of pipe sticking outbid water, try to adjust the return pump- might be pumping water too quickly and might need to slow the gph down.

I would try to figure where the sound is originating. Is the drain line for the main siphon submerged in the sump? If you have a gate valve on the main siphon line try moving that slightly clockwise (closing) to see if the sound reduces. Also if too much water is going down the second overflow it can make a racket. Is it a typical 3 1” drain lines or two? Are all three drain lines independently flowing to the sump or are they merged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back