Doser options

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
If like a doser. Two pumps would be fine for now.

They range a LOT in price..... What's the best bang for the buck?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Im using jebao DP-4. Its beening running flawlessly for several months. Easy to set up.

They are super cheap .... What's the trade off?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

i have the same one. only flaw so far is that the loser labeled number 1 in the computer actually operates pump 2, and vice versa

I run the brs dosing pumps on the apex timed outlet, I run 2 part and once setup properly works issue free.

i use dp4. make sure it is gen2. i heard the first gens dumped their load

I just started dosing kalk in my ATO. Do you all see any issues with going that route? I do have 2 BRS dosers that I have not set up though so I could use those instead.

Russ-IV;1057488 wrote: i use dp4. make sure it is gen2. i heard the first gens dumped their load

I have a gen 1 and it works flawlessly. That particular situation your referring to the user put into service after being offline for some time. There could have been many reasons why it happened.

I don't know what one I have, but I shut the power off buy unplugging the cord, hit breaker several times. And could not get it to run the pump continuely.Thats what they said happened to someone,when power went out.
Mine was set up one time, and hasn't skipped a beat.I could not of got a better unit.

I run BSR pumps.

I have tried multiple "cheap" or DIY options and every last one of them turned out to be crap.

I run BRS pumps with an Apex as well. Have for three years with no issues whatsoever.

I bought a jebao DP-4 but found it to be very inaccurate and daily dosing varied by 25 mls per day. I suspect I got a bad unit and believe me I tried to calibrated at least a dozen times. Ended up going with a GHL PROFILUX DOSER 2. This unit is rock solid and is very easy to calibrate and adjust on the fly as needed. Only down side is that it did not support ios devices so I had to buy a cheap android tablet to run it.

dball711;1057551 wrote: I bought a jebao DP-4 but found it to be very inaccurate and daily dosing varied by 25 mls per day. I suspect I got a bad unit and believe me I tried to calibrated at least a dozen times. Ended up going with a GHL PROFILUX DOSER 2. This unit is rock solid and is very easy to calibrate and adjust on the fly as needed. Only down side is that it did not support ios devices so I had to buy a cheap android tablet to run it.

25ML is a HUGE problem for inaccuracy !

EnderG60;1057527 wrote: I run BSR pumps.

I have tried multiple "cheap" or DIY options and every last one of them turned out to be crap.

wo with the BRS with APEX... you have the pump... use it on an outlet with APEX and set the TIME the pump is on per day or set the amount the pump is to pump each day?
Do the pumps pump a certain amount per min?
Just getting my head around what is going on so i can make the best choice for my application .

B

Bcavalli;1057522 wrote: I have a gen 1 and it works flawlessly. That particular situation your referring to the user put into service after being offline for some time. There could have been many reasons why it happened.

there isnt "one" situation.

gen 1s dumped, terrible accuracy, bubbling in the lines, etc. you can check amazon horror stories or check other forums. it happened often enough that they had to release the 2nd gens that prevented the software loop.

the one that comes to mind is the guy using it on his frag tank for a couple months before it dumped the entire 2 liter bottle of alk in his tank.

SnowManSnow;1057561 wrote: wo with the BRS with APEX... you have the pump... use it on an outlet with APEX and set the TIME the pump is on per day or set the amount the pump is to pump each day?
Do the pumps pump a certain amount per min?
Just getting my head around what is going on so i can make the best choice for my application .

B

The pumps pump a certain amount per min and then you use the APEX to set the TIME the pumps are on each day (I split mine up into 8 hourly dosings of each of Calc and Alk every day).

I use an Apex DOS for AWC.

Pro's:
I check my salinity like once a month now and it's always 1.025 or 1.026
Reliable, see above
Integrates perfectly with my Apex for obvious reasons
Was extremely easy to setup and configure

Con's:
Not that quiet
Freaking expensive
Expensive and stupid size tubing, you can make do with something close in size just fine but it would be nice to have it fit perfectly

RedStang;1057621 wrote: I use an Apex DOS for AWC.

Pro's:
I check my salinity like once a month now and it's always 1.025 or 1.026
Reliable, see above
Integrates perfectly with my Apex for obvious reasons
Was extremely easy to setup and configure

Con's:
Not that quiet
Freaking expensive
Expensive and stupid size tubing, you can make do with something close in size just fine but it would be nice to have it fit perfectly

im kind of afraid of the DOS... seems i've seen some negative stuff on the boards about it not being accurate and such

SnowManSnow;1057631 wrote: im kind of afraid of the DOS... seems i've seen some negative stuff on the boards about it not being accurate and such

My AWC might be more forgiving than dosing chemicals...

Back