Dosing Alkalinity

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
Those of you that have followed by never ending threads about parameter issues may be happy to know that my tank is somewhat stabilized now and my corals seem much happier. My Mag and Calcium are staying fairly stable between water changes, but my tank is consuming Alkalinity. I've been testing like crazy and have it nailed down to a drop of approximately .40 ppm per day.

I'm now looking into dosing options and I'm a little skittish about trying to handle it through my ATO.

What kind of luck have you guys had with other options. Can I get away with something as simple as a Jebao doser set up on a slow drip?

ATO is definitely NOT the way to go in my opinion. Evaporation rates vary which means replenishing varies. The Jebao is very easy to set up and will dose exactly what you want when you want it. Any similar dosing pump will do the same but can't beat the Jeboa price.

Hey guys,Just got my jebao dosing pump.Where did you install them.And where did you put your containers.

mines is installed 6" above the sump on a shelf and the containers are sitting on the floor. I am using 2 1 gallon BRS containers with a hole drill in the cover for the tubing. that should last about 2 months

Wow,Thats the info i needed.Thanks.Im going to hook it up this weekend.

735ab081aa7626db7f12e2148a178627.jpg
alt="" />

3f0f3e407c69350ceaba5c1c3efc0a8c.jpg
alt="" />

Thats the pic i needed as well.Thanks Rich.What is all the dosing. Cal,Alk,Mag.What is the other.

I'm not as refined as rdnelson because I have so little space. I tried cute and pretty set ups with Lowes shelving and wound up using two of the smaller size gray shelving brackets that are meant to hold wood shelves; my doser sits there just fine. I'm using hospital containers for the solution. I'm so tight on space that even the skinnier BRS containers wouldn't work for me.

Im just hoping i can get it hooked up. I won't be taking any pics.LOL

I currently only use three of the 4 pumps. Calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. The Aqualifter if for my top off and controlled by a float titled to my apex.

Back