Dosing entire tank with Metro...affects?

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I'm wondering and in reading, apparently you can dose the entire water column with Metro. Has anybody tried doing it this way? What would be the adverse affects of doing so?

I'm also reading that Metro is for bacterial infections however it's most prominent use in aquaria is for the treatment of ick (along with garlic guard and Focus). I was under the impression that ick was parasitic and not bacterial so how can Metro have an affect?

Jeff, seachem has metronidazole and kanaplex. I believe kanaplex is better for bacterial infections, and you can just dose the tank with it. I wouldn't, but apparently it doesn't have to be eaten to be effective and there are instructions for dosing the tank. Then you simply remove with carbon.

Jeff,
Just make sure it won't nuke the bio filter. I am unfamiliar with metro use in SW application.

McPhock;983863 wrote: It would adversely affect your wallet, that's for sure.

How so? It's $8 for a packet that treats 2000 liters or 528 gallons. That's two doses in my tank for $8. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

The possible/unknown repercussions could be the costly part. A lot of risk to save one fish IMO.

Seth The Wine Guy;983938 wrote: The possible/unknown repercussions could be the costly part. A lot of risk to save one fish IMO.

That's exactly the reason why I asked the question....to see if anybody has ever tried it.

Metro & Focus ÷ garlic & selcon helps build the fishes immune system. Mix it with a fish mixture, put it in a zip lock bag, flatten out the mixture so it can be pinched off easily and feed 3-6 times a day. The only time I have used it in the water is in a qt tank, also once in a frag tank with one other fish. Remember to do extra water changes to keep the water from causing problems.:D

Back