Dosing Nitrates

lmm1967

Reaction score
Who's using what? I'd prefer to stay away from Spectracide.

Denitrator is offline and I'm still maintaining less than 1 ppm nitrate and .04 phosphates.

That is what I use for nitrates mixed with some potassium nitrate (reagant grade) since my potassium is always low for some reason.

My nitrates are finally detectable. I'm at 4 although I'm dosing it fairly heavily.

Don't know what you call good lol. I've never had zero no3 or po4.
I have got my feeding dialed in and I have a feeling my numbers are getting low. I need to test...

Don't know what you call good lol. I've never had zero no3 or po4.
I have got my feeding dialed in and I have a feeling my numbers are getting low. I need to test...

Seems I'm really good at running either 80+ or .25 - I have to say being on the low side is less stressful on me than knowing I'm pretty much off the charts on the high side.

Tested last night - denitrator has been offline for a week and feeding has been heavier than normal. NO3 is still .25 and PO4 is .04

I use the stuff from teh amazon link as well. I have been mixing 2 cups to a gallon of water and dosing about 25 ml a day. This worked out to 1mg/l of nitrate for the entire tank daily.

Ive been dosing it because Im vodka dosing to keep my phosphates down and needed to up the nitrate to keep up. Ive been holding it at 2-4 since.

If it gets lower than 2 my zoas start melting.

I've felt the same way and even bought some stuff to potentially start dosing nitrates and phosphates but never actually started. Instead I skipped a water change or two and both levels increased on their own.

I thought you were dosing nitrates - what universe do you live in that your nutrients are all so good? :)

You can't tell me it's just all the research and work you put into your tanks.
I dose nitrates i thinks its the chaeto

Back