Dosing

anthony

Market
Reaction score
Ok I seem to have done something wrong. I was dosing my aquarium yesterday with magnesium and calcium .only have one fish and didnt figure it would hurt him but he seems to be not doing so well now..is there a problem with dosing mag and cal at same time that would hurt him? Or is this just a coincident?

I'm not entirely sure how it would affect a fish only system. But, you should always dose at different times whether it's mag, cal or Alk otherwise you may get precipitation.

Bcavalli;1089519 wrote: I'm not entirely sure how it would affect a fish only system. But, you should always dose at different times whether it's mag, cal or Alk otherwise you may get precipitation.

+1 Whether it's a Reef tank or FOWLR it is a good general rule to never dose at the same times. Or at the very least dose them in entirely different parts of the system. But really it's best to just spread out the dosing as Brett mentioned.

Ok Ive been watching and studying and a bunch of research. It appears my blenny is paralized from front half down. He flops around and has the behavior of a dying fish but seems to be...not dying. What Ive come up with is that he has swim bladder disease. Just dont know why. Could be an infection or he might be constipated. Or several other possibilities. Im finding long black stringy poop on sandbed. Anyone have any ideas?

Back