down grading my tank

gdog

Market
Reaction score
hey guys im down grading my tank from an 80 to 34 but wanted to know which tank is better, red sea max or the solana

To me it boils down to open or closed top. I prefer closed tanks so it would be a modified RSM.

The Solana has a nice stand that looks like a piece of furniture, plus the rimless look never seems to go out of date.

Adam

I have a RSM and it's ok... there is a lot I would change and have changed on it... The Solana seems solid and most everyone I know that has one likes it, but as with all it seems like a lot of modding goes on... If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with a
a>.  You can get their 90 in either an all in one or a pro model...  The pro has a sump that goes in the stand.  Both tanks come with a Prism 150w 14,000k with 2 x 24w Actinics supplements light, skimmed, UV light, and is rimeless... it's the Ferrari or nano IMO.

I forgot to mention that the stock skimmer on the Solana is good but not great. If you do a search for the Solana skimmer you will find some threads.

Adam

Back