Drilling a 40B

mastrreefdvr

Market
Reaction score
I want to make a 40B into a small frag tank to keep in the garage. Anyone have the bit to cut 1" holes into the bottom ?

Be careful. If that bottom is tempered you will destroy your tank if you attempt to drill it. Go for a bean animal overflow at the top instead. I have a bit for it if you would like to come get it you can have it. I am off 92 in Hiram.

I have a 1 5/8" used for 1" bulkheads if that's what your looking for, ill be up in Acworth on Sunday, bottom is not tempered if its an aqueon standard 40b if I remember correctly

I'm getting the bit tonight, now lets start the real debate. Keep in mind this will be in the garage, which stays cool all the time. If noise isn't a factor, what's the KISS method(keep it simple stupid) for setting up drain and return. I was thinking Drains on each end, and a return in the middle. Keep in mind this is just a tank to grow stuff in while I am building the big tank.

grouper therapy;877111 wrote: No sump is the simplest . hob skimmer and some power heads
Thats how I have my 40B set up currently.. could use a reactor..

Back