drilling oceanic cube.

markl

Market
Reaction score
does anyone have an idea for drilling a 30 cube .building overflow boxect. im pretty good at building things.

I have had one running for about two years. I had a local glass shop drill the back, had a custom overflow made and installed. There is a 1' drain (durso style) and two 3/4" returns. The returns are plumbed in through the rear of the overflow and come out the sides. They are "y'ed" to on each side to 1/2" flare tips. I had to have a custom sump made as well, as the stand wouldn't accept any standard size sump. Its an awesome tank! I'm in the course of switching the contents to a new 90gal, the 30 will then become home to a pair of Aussie B & W clowns. Give me a shout if you have any questions!

got a pic of plumbing? how do i know what size over flow? i was think mabe a rubbermade sump for the stock stand

I'll have to see if I can dig one up from when I set it up, or take one as soon as I break it down to move it. My over flow is approx. 8"L x 4"D x ? (forget the height of the tank, LOL. It's about 1/2" below the lip of the tank.

What type of rubbermaid stock tank are you referring to? Stock tanks are usually really large (livestock), the brute rubbermaids are used for sumps, sometimes. I have seen them after a short period of time crack and split due to the constant water pressure. If you or someone you know knows how to work with acrylic you can make one. I had someone make my overflow and sump. Guy was out of Atlanta, he did custom work, not anymore though. Tom, I believe his name was. He did custom work for Star Aquatics & Blue Planet, and others I'm sure.

Dawg,
I think a calfo overflow would be awesome on this tank! The upper movement of the water alone would be fantastic. Also with the external overflow, you would lose any real estate. ;)

I almost forgot, you know the new Oceanic's come in 33gal (non RR) and a 37gal Tech series that is RR!

I wouldnt put an overflow box in that small of a tank, as long as you have surface movemnet all you need is a 1" intake and a strainer on it.

chrisjet;145527 wrote: I wouldnt put an overflow box in that small of a tank, as long as you have surface movemnet all you need is a 1" intake and a strainer on it.

what would you do for the return?

Back