Drip = Long Night!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Last night right before going to bed I took the trash down to the garage and as always I stick my head in the fishroom to check out everything. I walked over the RK2 to take a look at temp and ph. I was in my socks and suddenly squish..wet carpet....dang it! I knew that it had to coming from my "DIY" plumbing on the 2 new tanks glxtrix and I added on Friday. After some searching I found the culpret....the very interesting, conglomeration of PVC, tubing and barbs that was my overflow from the two tanks. It was slowling dripping and running down the overflow pipe and then onto the carpet. I though no problem..easy fix. Well at 2AM I was still fighting the drip. After all was said and done I scraped the conglomeration and ended up using a barbed "T". As glxtrix can confess, my "mad" skills in the DIY arena can be interesting at times. I felt like MacGuyver using pieces of tubing, pvc and anything else I could find to get the drip stopped. This morning...carpet dry, drip obliterated!:up:

I have never seen anyone keeping aquarium as a hobby and not have a leak one time or another. I thought I would be that one but I was fooled. At least you caught it early.

dawgdude;235477 wrote: After my 2nd flood, I bought a BIG carpet cleaner that has alot of suction power. I can now suck up the SW and rinse it with RO water in a fraction of the time! lol My flood was caused by faulty DIY plumbing also.......

That's on my Christmas list....the little pet one just doesn't do the trick!

In defence of the Bissel (which I have) it sure is better than nothing for getting water up as well. Some type of carpet vac is a must have for sure. I would like to try a commercial grade one sometime though, just to see the difference.

dawgdude;235491 wrote: Haha well Mark, I bought two of the Bissells and then finally found a killer deal on a Hoover SpinScrub Steam Vac and it BLOWS away both Bissells. It was alot more than the Bissells but it alone makes me not care about a small flood because I know I can get it up quickly and have dry carpet within 30 minutes!

Which Hoover?

We have a Bissell and it sucks (or rather, it <u>doesn't</u> suck -- that's the problem).

A lot of model numbers for Hoover steam cleaners ... is http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3926082">this</a> the one you have?

(Sorry about the hijack)

The Hoover Dual V was a beast. One of the best selling steamvacs when I worked at BestBuy.

Hoover or bust...

The bissel's aren't worth spit. The hoover dual v models have really strong motors and really do a fantastic job cleaning the carpets. The hoover honestly is even better than our rug doctor imo. So much so we sold the rug doctor after buying the hoover. Also hoover customer service is awesome, if you have a problem take it into a hoover store and they'll get it fixed in no time.

Anyways... glad your spidey senses are working and you caught the leak before it was a full on disaster flood. :)

+1 on the big Hoover like this one: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6497899">http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6497899</a>

As good or better than any rental carpet cleaner I have used... the carpet is virtually dry after cleaning...

Back