Dropped frag

hhv00586

Market
Reaction score
I had/have a really nice rock with over 60+ great looking utter Chaos's on it

Well it just fell deep behind all my live rock. No way to see or get to it, for all i know it's upside down and dying

Given the price these go for per polyp should i consider removing all my coral and live rock in an attempt to get it or should i just write it off

It would be a huge effort and who knows what else i may loose in the process

Opinions?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Can't, it's a deep 150g. It dropped down the back wall. Which covered with rock and corals.

Only option is remove everything or forget it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:sad:

Time is money!!
This is the consideration, if you have the time or if you have more money to buy another one.

This has happened to me several times and depending on the condition of my business and personal life is the answer to the dilemma.

Good argument against a rock pile...seriously I would save the frag myself. I would also rearrange the rock work to accommodate future mishaps, I always leave space between rocks and the aquarium glass. Not for dropped frags but for circulation purposes (what else has been trapped back there waiting to become a problem). I have a long pair of tweezers you can borrow if that might help (about 20").

well it fell down a hole in the back...
id remove the rocks around that hole and reach in. (with gloves)

if the polyp count was less, id write it off but 60+ polyps is a lot of palytoxin goodness imo.

pic of the rock work would help

Back