Dual Aquarium Stand Plans

brian313313

Market
Reaction score
I would like to build an over/under aquarium setup. Both would be display tanks but the top tank would be a refugium and the bottom with fish. I have a 55 for the top and I have a 90 but I'll probably buy new glass for this so either a 90 or 120 for the bottom.

I can figure out how to build this if I put the load-bearing posts for the top tank on the outside but this leaves me with uneven side panels. It would be much harder to skin and make it look right. I googled this and just get normal aquarium stand plans. Does anyone know of any plans/designs out there for something like this? Tank size doesn't really matter since I can adjust the dimensions.

Thanks.

-Brian

Why not swap it up and put the 90/120 on the top and the 55 on the bottom? That would give you more room to work with for the smaller tank.

I'd like to do something similar with a qt/hospital setup. Following...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jbadd99;1080170 wrote: Why not swap it up and put the 90/120 on the top and the 55 on the bottom? That would give you more room to work with for the smaller tank.

My idea is to breed some live food in the fuge and let them drain into the main tank. I'll need the fuge to be on top so things don't go through the pump on the way in.

brian313313;1080325 wrote: My idea is to breed some live food in the fuge and let them drain into the main tank. I'll need the fuge to be on top so things don't go through the pump on the way in.

What kind of food are you going to breed that you'll be worried about loss through the pump?

From everything I've read it's minimal at best.

jbadd99;1080375 wrote: What kind of food are you going to breed that you'll be worried about loss through the pump?

From everything I've read it's minimal at best.

Not sure yet. Ghost Shrimp maybe? My understanding is that the pump will crush and kill them.

Back