Dual electronic ballast ?

mrflameangel

Market
Reaction score
I have a dual 250w electronic ballast that is plugged into a timer that will turn on and the fan will begin to blow but the lights don't kick on. I unplugged the ballast from the timer and plugged it straight into the outlet. The main breaker tripped as soon as I plugged it in. What can I look at to see if the ballast is bad or if there is something I can fix?

Thanks.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOUNDS BAD to me. It sounds like the timer/surge protector was keeping you safe! Do you have another?

Yea when it tripped the breaker I believe it was the final death of the ballast. The fan won't even come on now.

I opened the ballast up and checked the internal fuse and its still good.

No Monday I'm gonna have to get a couple of new ones. I have found some brand new icecaps for $99 a piece so I think I will get those as I already have one icecap running now.

Are you ok on light? I have a couple you could borrow if needed. 250 watt.

nickg;828031 wrote: Are you ok on light? I have a couple you could borrow if needed. 250 watt.

Yes I should be ok. I have one and I borrowed another from a buddy. I will rotate the three lights between the 3 ballast each day. Monday I will order my other ballast.

That is a great gesture and I thank you for that. That is the one thing I love most about this club. If it doesn't go the way I hope it does, I will get with you. The truth to the matter is I really hate to borrow things from people if you know what I mean. Lol

Back