Dumb Sixline

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
So for the first time ever my sixline managed to get inside my overflow box.....I have no idea how but he did....

I went to get him out with my hand and then he jumped out of the the tank behind the tank where I couldnt reach him or see him. I grabbed a mirror to see behind the tank and after some maneauvering I was finally able to get him out with a net that I had. I basically had to drag him along the wood of the cabinet. It took me about 3 minutes or so to get him back into the tank. So far he looks good and he just ate pretty well but he has what I think is dust stuck to him.....is this going to be a problem?

I think he'll be fine but just wanted to make sure....I maybe should have rinsed him off in FW but I was so worried about getting him back in the tank that I just tossed him in.

you couls have rinsed him of he can still breath in fresh water ..the salt is what keeps his organs working properly...hope hes ok though

yeah I definitely could have I just didnt even think about it to be honest. After 3 minutes out of the water I dint wanna stress him out anymore.....shoot...I cant hold my breath for 30 seconds anymore.

He should be fine. Mine did this 3 times until he jumped out one day when I was not home. :(

Victor626nj;122054 wrote: you couls have rinsed him of he can still breath in fresh water ..the salt is what keeps his organs working properly...hope hes ok though

I dont know victor. That is a lot of shock for an animal that is already under a lot of sahock and stress. I would just dump them back in.

He is probably fine and probably less stress than his capture and shipment. If he ate, he will likely make it.

Darren24;122138 wrote: He should be fine. Mine did this 3 times until he jumped out one day when I was not home. :(

Wow, that sounds like suicide -- after the 3rd time he knows that there is not water on the other side of that tank.

Or do sixlines use jumping as an escape mechanism and something was scaring him? It's really odd to think about a pet committing suicide.

Have you met Jorge? You might jump from his tank too if you had to live with him. ;)

Back