Earned a stripe

sn4k33y3z

Market
Reaction score
Boy did I earn a stripe tonight. I did my first water change (30g) and broke in my skimmer. I'm not gonna lie LOL, I've got a new respect for the people lugging 5g buckets. I'm glad this isn't going to be the case every time.

Again, BIG shout out to Heath for making himself what seems to be always available. Thanks again bud!

leveldrummer;899318 wrote: Just wait until you dump out and clean that first skimmer cup or thick dark skimmate. There's nothing like that smell.

Not a smell one soon for forgets .

Congrats on joining the bucket lugging bunch.
I carry jugs up a flight of stairs (keeps me young)

Have y'all sen the YouTube video of the kid drinking the whole skimmer cup full of dark green skim! Mmmmm boy!

ahhhhh...! The smell (and flavor) of the ocean!

Tore down the 90 this past week end... Got some leftover live (now dead) rock curing in the sun. I can sit on my deck now, close my eyes, and imagine I'm at the beach!

There's just something about that skimmer cup. For some reason, I can't resist smelling the cup before I dump it.

Come on.... I know, I'm not the only one...

BTW, OP: Shoot me a PM when you get tired of carrying those buckets. I finally managed finish my plumbing, and absolutely no buckets are necessary for me anymore. I even ran my rodi line from my washroom to the mixing station in the closet behind my tank.

Back