ebay light

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
I have been looking for a better light for my tank and have found 400 to 500 watt mh and pc combos for under 300 on ebay. Nat. i am skeptical as to why their's is so much less than the catalog.Anybody had exp.. with ebay lights? I think the brand was oddysea

just make sure the seller has good feed back. ebay stores is the best place to buy stuff. but i have bought skimmers and lights on ebay

I just bought the 24" Odyssea 250watt MH w/ 130watt actinic. I've had it for almost two weeks now, so far, so good. I retained the box it came in, as 30 day returns are accepted from this ebay seller, just in case anything happens. Before that I had Odyssea 36" CF fixture, It lasted almost 2 years before the ballast blew. They are far less expensive but have to be replaced more frequently, so there's the trade off. Personally, I'll go with cheap for now, with the understanding I'll have to buy a new cheap fixture in the future. I personally prefer that over keeping the same old (but expensive) fixture for 10 years, this way, you get to take advantage of new technology as it comes along.

Kinda like buying a vacuum cleaner. You only have to buy a 2000.00 dollar Rainbow Vacuum once, but it has to last 20 years to pay for itself. I'd rather have 12 new Sanyo vacuums and no be embarrased of the 20 year old vacuum I keep hid in the closet.

For me I would buy the exspensive and keep it forever. I tend to prefer the quality over quantity. Plus I love using a classic electrolux.

Back