ecosystem Miracle mud

pkaugusta

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience on
a> Miracle Mud

I considered using it in my refugium so I wouldn't have sand drifting off everywhere. I'm not sure who said it but a couple of members here told me it was worthless. That's all I know about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rC5jfG3Wk0">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rC5jfG3Wk0</a>
[IMG]http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic13923-40.html">http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic13923-40.html</a>

so there are some mixed reviews. negative from people with limited experience from it. and positive from longtime users. so no protein skimmer at all ?

I'm still a relative newbie but I doubt many people here would advocate running a reef w/o a skimmer.

nope apparently they reduce the skimmer time . I am starting off. so I can start experimenting this system before adding serious livestock .

no need skimmer if you do regular water changes. I have livestock without a skimmer all doing great for last 1 year. just a back hang on filter with purigen

They claim you don't need to feed your fish, add any trace elements, or use a skimmer. The only thing missing is the "but wait, there's more! For the next 100 callers..."

rk4435;963216 wrote: I'm still a relative newbie but I doubt many people here would advocate running a reef w/o a skimmer.

I've run a reef for years without skimming and have had great results. These were small systems and I did water changes very frequently. I am now using a skimmer on a 90G and make sure to turn it off for 24 hours at least once a week.

When it comes to the mud, I'm sure there are some benefits and some drawback like most things in this hobby.
-Nick

Fishdude;963378 wrote: I've run a reef for years without skimming and have had great results. These were small systems and I did water changes very frequently. I am now using a skimmer on a 90G and make sure to turn it off for 24 hours at least once a week.

When it comes to the mud, I'm sure there are some benefits and some drawback like most things in this hobby.
-Nick
Why do you turn it off for a day? Just curious.

Skriz;963374 wrote: They claim you don't need to feed your fish, add any trace elements, or use a skimmer. The only thing missing is the "but wait, there's more! For the next 100 callers..."

This might only be the twentieth or twenty-first time that we agree (oh, kidding), but we are on same page 100% here and these reefers are about to hurt their inhabitants in their care and waste money...

tshives26;963379 wrote: Why do you turn it off for a day? Just curious.

The skimmer takes "stuff" out of the water stream, I turn it off to keep stuff in. It's mostly when ever I dose.
-Nick

Fishdude;963426 wrote: The skimmer takes "stuff" out of the water stream, I turn it off to keep stuff in. It's mostly when ever I dose.
-Nick

this makes absolutely no logical sense whatsoever, lol....haha:shout:

I call snake oil on this stuff. Not from personal experience, but I don't place much stock in any product with the word "Miracle" in its name.

Here is a current thread from RC on Miracle Mud:

showthread.php

Oops not a very friendly discussion on that forum

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

mysterybox;963428 wrote: this makes absolutely no logical sense whatsoever, lol....haha:shout:

I add fuel and phyto to my tank, if I keep my skimmer on 24/7 the amount of skimate increases when I dose. It seemed counter productive to add stuff to the tank while more is being removed so I keep the skimmer off for 24 hours. Skimmers pull out more stuff then just fish waste and some of it is good for the tank. If I was trying to keep my tank as clean as possible I would run it all the time.
-Nick

PKAugusta;963441 wrote: Oops not a very friendly discussion on that forum

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

yes, just a smart discussion on how to not waste money, sorry...and not hurt your wildlife...

I had dinner with an importer that laughed that he was selling mud. That told me everything I needed to know.

Back