Ecotech Marine announces third generation Radion

mattgee87

Market
Reaction score
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/ecotech-marine-announces-third-generation-radion-led-light-fixtures">http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/ecotech-marine-announces-third-generation-radion-led-light-fixtures</a>

Well i see some Radions going on sale soon

Looks like a nice upgrade. Don't know if I can talk myself into spending that much money again.

There should be a swap out + $ program to go to the new units if you want to go that route. I have Pros, and I don't really need more powerful LEDs, particularly since I am lighting an LPS/softy tank and I only have it at 65% intensity. One thing about these next gen Radions anyone should consider is if they need the tech offered. I upgraded to the Pros because of the additional colors, and especially the UVs. Well worth the money, IMO. For my specific needs, this one not so much.

Acroholic;925386 wrote: There should be a swap out + $ program to go to the new units if you want to go that route. I have Pros, and I don't really need more powerful LEDs, particularly since I am lighting an LPS/softy tank and I only have it at 65% intensity. One thing about these next gen Radions anyone should consider is if they need the tech offered. I upgraded to the Pros because of the additional colors, and especially the UVs. Well worth the money, IMO. For my specific needs, this one not so much.

I agree. I should have mentioned that I had the first gen Radions. I want to upgrade for the colors and UV like you said.

just read about this last night. im glad i waited to upgrade from 1st gen to pros until i did my new tank build now i get awesome colors and i may only have to buy one for my 40 breeder instead of two since they are more powerfull and you can get the 120 degree tir lenses

Hmmm. I was set on a AI Hydra 52 replacing my Maxspect, but maybe I will do this instead. Will have to research further.

Those with Radions, are you happy with them? I have read a lot of complaints about the 'dark' look of tanks lit with these. Those LFS that run them seem to run way too blue so it's hard to tell.

ive got a radion 1st gen and have loved it which is why im going to upgrade to the pro because its that much better. as far as the lfs radions running blue they do that to make the corals pop more. you can program them to be whatever color you want.

I'm still not sold on the radions for great SPS color and growth. I know companies like to continually evolve and upgrate their products, but IMO there have been too many changes with this lighting, indicating that it still might not "be there." If I were to need these, I would have to buy 2. In that case, I'd stick with the ATI LED/T5 combo. It's a proven winner...

MvM;925529 wrote: I'm still not sold on the radions for great SPS color and growth. I know companies like to continually evolve and upgrate their products, but IMO there have been too many changes with this lighting, indicating that it still might not "be there." If I were to need these, I would have to buy 2. In that case, I'd stick with the ATI LED/T5 combo. It's a proven winner...

I totally agree with you Matt regarding Radions for SPS, which is why I went back to halides for my 465 tank. I am totally sold on the Pros for LPS and softies, however.

Back