Ecotech Vectra

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Hello fellow reefers, anyone here currently using the Vectra pumps? How is the quality in your opinion, how noisy it is compared to others? Do you you feel that it is sufficient in terms of water movement? I am considering this pump for my new Waterbox Aquarium as they recommend it to be paired with their systems. I also like that it can be paired with a backup battery setup and this alone is pushing more in the direction of the Vectra.

Sorry I totally misread! Im actually running a m2 on my return and I love it. I just control it from the controller and not reef link. I didn't like the ramp up and down feature because I would always have to adjust my drain. But now that I have it set, I love it very smooth and quiet. But it does cost a pretty penny compared to some other pumps.

Sorry I totally misread! Im actually running a m2 on my return and I love it. I just control it from the controller and not reef link. I didn't like the ramp up and down feature because I would always have to adjust my drain. But now that I have it set, I love it very smooth and quiet. But it does cost a pretty penny compared to some other pumps.
My main reason for give the Vectra consideration is the battery backup option (just in case)

My main reason for give the Vectra consideration is the battery backup option (just in case)
You can always by a stand alone UPS for your system and then have the option of putting more than one on the unit to run in case of a power outage.

So I always have an ecotech pump on every system for the battery backup... You can certainly save costs and have an even more powerful battery as well if you can do some DIY. I did something similar to this for my frag system.

I only use it on my vortechs though as they move a lot more water than the return pump does.

I have a M1 on a 60g cube. It's way to much flow but its a solid piece of equipment.

I have a S1 on a 40 cube with the battery back up. Knock on wood so far I had no need to use the back up for more than an hour. It is quiet too. I run it at half of the power because I find it too strong for my set up.

Back