EcoTech Vortex

legalreefer

Market
Reaction score
To those that have them or had them, are they worth it? I have a two Jebaos in my 180. I get at least a year out of them some times 2. Typically I will hop on eBay and buy two at a time when I use the last new one I order two more so I have them on hand since they are not dependable.

For those who have experience with them, do you get more than 4 years out of one? If so, it would have been cheaper in the long run to have purchased these a while back.

I’ve got an mp10 that I’ve had for 10+ years. Other than a new wet side assembly a few times, it has never missed a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO... definitely worth it. I’ve got 5 in use now and have had several others over the years. The newer quiet drive wetsides last much longer than the originals. Also, the quiet drive controllers made a huge improvement noise and controllability wise. The downside is WiFi control. Their option is EcoSmart Live control via a Reeflink, it’s not that great. They can be controlled with an Apex via a WXM module, and hopefully Mobius (their Bluetooth app) control will come soon.

I have two MP-10's and love'em, no wires in the tank, quiet, and so easy to clean. Just remove a wet side from the tank, scrub it with a brush and pop it back in..done.. I've had one of the mp10's for four years now with no problems and I haven't even disassembled the wet side for cleaning, just scrub the outside. I know they are expensive, but they are worth it.

Work great only issue I’ve had with mine were the wet side kept falling off. Really annoying!!! Had them 8 plus years before this started happening though.

Back