eel knowledge

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok guys, who do i talk to about eels.....i have the tank/skimmer/filter/stand/rock/sand......im getting the light this week some time. So who do i get in touch with on the site or at any LFS to talk to and learn more about what eels are best for beginners and what eels can go together in a tank. I have been reading and reading and reading but i want to talk to someone that has some knowledge or experience before i put two different kinds of eels together. Also i would like to talk with them and find out what other fish can go in with eels.....i think it would be cool to have like 5 or 6 chromis in there just so i have a school of fish and some movement in the tank. Anyway any help and points of directoin are greatly appreciated

the snowflake eel is the most common one i see and seems to be hardy you'll need to cover the tank they will jump i learned that the hard way. as the eel gets big he might eat the chromis if the are to small.

yea I am looking at the ghost eel and the wolf eel do any stores around here carry eels?

saltwater city has few diff. eels in stock right now they are in kennesaw.

dave (one of the guys who works there also has a few eels and could probley answer alot of questions u may have

if you want to be get chromis, i would get the huge ones at aquarium center in alpharetta, they are huge.

saltwater city has my wolf eel. i had to trade him because he ate my damsels. he is a very cool eel though

stephenamsler;232840 wrote: saltwater city has my wolf eel. i had to trade him because he ate my damsels. he is a very cool eel though

If I knew they ate Damsels I would have bought one a couple years ago! :lol2:

yea I talked to dave at SWC he is gonna help me pick out 2 that will go together sun I get ready to order them. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction once again guys

MY roommate had to get rid of his wolf eel as well bc it killed almost everty fish in his tank lol.

Back