Electric Issue?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
so I keep my Apex main EB8 plugged into one of those yellow GFI units, which then plugs into the wall. Problem is that sometimes when my daylight come on (6 additional t5 lights) it trips and I loose the apex.

Do I simply need one that will carry the power or do i have another issue somewhere?
Right now its just plugged into the wall outlet

Thanks for any advice. I don't want to burn my house down!

The first thing I would do is replace the standard outlet to a GFI. Chances are, the "yellow GFI" you have your EB8 plugged into has very "low limit" setting(extremely sensitive) that's causing it to trip.

yea ... i guess that needs to be done. i've always done that, but just haven't since i've been moved.

try plugging your lights into the gfci and plug that into the eb8 and see if it still trips, if it does then i would look at your light fixture to see what type of ballast is in there (electronic / magnetic / other).
i have had this problem before and no matter what i did i couldn't get it to work with the light on the system.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1093400 wrote: try plugging your lights into the gfci and plug that into the eb8 and see if it still trips, if it does then i would look at your light fixture to see what type of ballast is in there (electronic / magnetic / other).
i have had this problem before and no matter what i did i couldn't get it to work with the light on the system.

It's an ati sunpower 8 lamp 54w

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Or maybe running a separate breaker (20A) just for the tank. Used to have the same problem but not since the new separate one install.

It's tripping the gfi outlet and you have to manually reset it or the gfi to get the apex up again? The ballast is probably taking to many amps. The old apex can tell you power consumption can't it? Are you close to 10amps? Isn't that all the eb8 can hold by itself?

Back