electric shock in water.

markl

Market
Reaction score
i think im getting shocked a little. im about to pulll 2 heater out that i addd the other day. i just noticed it after i plumbed in a 20 gallon fuge . before i had a sump and frag tank running and never had a problem. i added fuge and a couple of small heater. i thought i had a small cut but its never bothered me before. it fill like a sharp needle when i tought the water for a second.

Heaters are a notorious point for leaking current into the tank, especially the glass ones. I'd start there for sure.

I had one of the plastic stealth ones that leaked current. It looked like it had mumps. It was so new I still had the receipt.

I removed both of the small heaters i just added .I think problem has been fixed. the corals dont seem to be bothered by it.its been like this since friday when i plumbed in a seperate 20 gallon fuge to the system. i added a few heaters to help keep water temps up. I think im going to test each one in a bucket of salted water. Now i think about it i droped the glass one on my tile floor friday.

Back