Electrician In The House?

darren24

Market
Reaction score
I will be upgrading my system soon and feel the need to run a dedicated outlet / breaker for the tank room. I am a newbie at best when it comes to electrical work. I am very good at running wire so I can get the tank room wall fished and run the wire out to the garage where the breaker box is. Can someone tell me what type of wire and breaker I need to get? Also is there someone who can install the breaker (I will pay) once I have the wire in place? Below is a picture of my breaker box in case that makes a difference in what I need to get. Thanks.

DSC02162.jpg
alt="" />

James is the man! I would check with him, he did the wiring for my 210. James S. on ARC.

I would install 12-2 romex on 20 amp breakers,that is a Square D homeline panel and you can get the breakers and wire at HD or Lowe's,it should handle everything you need to do.I would also run more than one circuit,it's just as easy to pull two or three as it is too pull one.I have 9 dedicated circuits going to my set up.(You can never have too many circuits!?!)
If I was closer I could hook it up for you,or I could talk you through it if you'd like?

I consulted him for my electrical questions, but me and my dad are going to do it. I'd recommend James as well!

James S --just check out his build thread if you have ANY doubts as to his workmanship;

jason sartain;276294 wrote: I would install 12-2 romex on 20 amp breakers,that is a Square D homeline panel and you can get the breakers and wire at HD or Lowe's,it should handle everything you need to do.I would also run more than one circuit,it's just as easy to pull two or three as it is too pull one.I have 9 dedicated circuits going to my set up.(You can never have too many circuits!?!)
If I was closer I could hook it up for you,or I could talk you through it if you'd like?

WOW. I though I was ahead of the curve. On my new build I was going with 3 circuits.
Hmm...

Anyways, Jason is right. If you can pull wire, you have done the hardest part of the installation. Just get the correct breakers, and they snap right into the panel.

If you were to open the panel, you would see how simple it really is.

Derek_S;276389 wrote: Anyways, Jason is right. If you can pull wire, you have done the hardest part of the installation. Just get the correct breakers, and they snap right into the panel.

If you were to open the panel, you would see how simple it really is.

+1 .......But if you need help let me know. I would be happy to swing by.

Back