Electrician needed

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't in the correct place but don't know of another noode that everyone even no members can see I'm having some trouble with the outlets in my garage. Some are working and some arent.aren't.. need to get them fixed or better told what the fix is. Thanks in advance

the outlets, assuming they are tied to the same circuit breaker, are all in series. i would start off with the first one that stopped working, check its connections and wiring, and then possibly move up to the last one that works. that was what happened to my living room outlets. the very last one that was working had a bad load side connection. so i replace that outlet and voila everything downstream worked.

Do you know if you have one circuit for the whole garage or is it split?

You can also buy one of these from a big box store and test each outlet to possibly see if it’s a connection issue at the outlet.

120V-Volt LED Gfci Receptacle Circuit Tester https://www.lowes.com/pd/IDEAL/5013769743

Do you have copper wiring? Aluminum is notorious for poor connections with push to connect plugs and receptacles, and copper is susceptible also. One loose connection can render the whole circuit inoperable. I suggest re-connecting all receptacles and switches in the circuit using the screw terminals instead of push-ins.
Edit: They used aluminum some in the early 70s. If that's what you have plan on doing the whole house.

Last edited:
the outlets, assuming they are tied to the same circuit breaker, are all in series. i would start off with the first one that stopped working, check its connections and wiring, and then possibly move up to the last one that works. that was what happened to my living room outlets. the very last one that was working had a bad load side connection. so i replace that outlet and voila everything downstream worked.
I believe some clarification may help here.

Electrical circuits are wired in parallel. Always. That is in order to provide a constant voltage. This is regardless of how many receptacles are being used, unless there is only one on the circuit. Then that 1 is in series by default.

What you may be referring to is the hot side and neutral side, running to each of the outlets? If the push in connection was used and one of those broke on a given receptacle, becoming disconnected, it could disrupt the circuit and stop current flow to the entire circuit.

I may sound like I’m splitting hairs here, but there is a difference.

If I had time to do all that I would have already lol.

I really appreciate all the tips. But I don't have time to do all this. As to why I'm looking for someone to come take a look at it and fix it for me. I would love to save money and diy. But time is not something I have extra of lol

All of them are in the same breaker? Check if any are tripped,or check the outlets maybe one is bad and is not sending the power to the others or maybe a loosed wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back