Elos test kit discrepency?

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
I just got a new Elos KH kit in today and tested my water with it. Looks like my dKH is 17 according to this kit. My older Elos KH kit registers 7.

Same testing procedures, which are simple to say the least, and the same sample water from the sump.

I'm going to check with my lamotte and API kits now...

Jin,
You do realize that ELOS changed the sensitivity on the dKH test right? It now calibrates to two drops per degree of DkH. The older kits were one drop. The printed sheet is the kits was not updated in all places.

Bob

bobz;228531 wrote: Jin,
You do realize that ELOS changed the sensitivity on the dKH test right? It now calibrates to two drops per degree of DkH. The older kits were one drop. The printed sheet is the kits was not updated in all places.

Bob

that would do it!

No that's news to me. My written instructions don't mention two drops per 1 lvl of dkh. :sad:

Thanks for the info bob. It is much appreciated!

I did test with my lamotte and api kits and they showed 8.7 and 8 respectively. So both Elos kits are close enough...

I had the same problem when I bought the new ELOS kit. As I recall, the cardboard insert sex 1 drop = 0.5 KH but the printed pamphets were not updated and still say 1 drop = 1 KH.

Or vise versa... :D

BZ

Yep you're right. The card has the correct info and the written directions have the old info...

Humbug.

Back