Emerald Crabs losing color

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
I have an issue with my emerald crabs going from deep green when i get them to white. I don't have an iodine test kit and i do have some large softies in my tank. Are there any other possibilities? i have very, very minimal algae.

see attached pic

View attachment 59061
fyi the white spots are NOT glare from the flash.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1012302=59061-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422945739.440609.jpg
>
1012302=59061-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422945739.440609.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422945739.440609.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Its starving and starting to consume calcium from its own shell.

Feed it.

they are hard to find a lot of the time, do you think it would eat some nori if I tied it up and left it on the rocks?
my tang doesn't seem to eat it when I put it in there. Sometimes the yellow coris wrasse eats at it but that seems to be it.

definitely. Mine would eat nori off the clip when it was within reach of the rocks.

Has it molted recently? While EnderG60 may be correct, I've seen them look a little pasty a few days before molting.

Jenn

I have three, but I don't think I've ever seen them molt. One is probably six months old and the other two for about two months. I figured it was an iodine issue but didn't realize that's what they did when they didn't get enough to eat.

Back