Emergency.... How long should a freshwater dip last?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
Dipping a coral for flatworms, how long should i dip him, hes in freshwater now. I just thought of that AFTER I started dipping that i didn't know how long...

Are you using a reef dip? That's all I've ever used... I never knew you could FW dip a coral or even liverock.

a>

****...... Let's see what 15 minutes of a FW dip does to polyps.......

Well, they haven't started desolving yet...... but they aint too happy either.....

Ya about 30 seconds... Heck, most fish do not take 15 min!! ;) Let us know how it turns out because I would be interested. What type of coral did you dip?

Something green that Jinn gave me, a blue mushroom and some polyps that corigan gave me

Barbara;312723 wrote: Dakota, in my experience you'll be fine, but you might lose a polyp or two, and they might take a little longer to come back to full glory. When I had zoa eating nudis, I dipped every zoa I had in FW. Without thinking I took all of them (several colonies) at the same time and put them in FW, and then picked out colony after colony, carefully scrubbed them, went over them with a magnifying glass and picked off nudis and egg sacs. The last colonies I cleaned had been in the FW for 20-30 minutes. They all survived, but I lost some polyps. The ones that had been in FW for 30 minutes, I'd say I lost close to 33% to 50% of the colonies, but none died completely.

Yeah, exactly what Barbara said,
Polyps look wilted and burned, not happy, but most survived........

Live and learn..............

Xyzpdq0121;312632 wrote: Ya about 30 seconds... Heck, most fish do not take 15 min!! ;) Let us know how it turns out because I would be interested. What type of coral did you dip?

Jeremy's Chrysyrus Angel had an hour FW dip and survived. And looked great afterwards!

Back