EMERGENCY: Looking for temporary use of a chiller

tshives26

Market
Reaction score
So the landscaping crew rammed their lawnmower into my AC unit this morning. I have had no air all day while I've been gone and don't know when the soonest people will be out to replace this. It's 90 degrees in my house and the tank is at 82-83. I'm worried it's going to continue to rise. What is the max point that this water can get to without killing anything? I'm worried I'm going to lose it all.

Any chance someone has a spare chiller laying around I could borrow for a couple days? I live in Marietta and will return it as soon as I get AC back in this house. Thanks and let me know. (330) 565-2815

Gallon Zip lock baggies filled with ice can help in the mean time.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that if it pushes 83. It's a 55 gallon tank with about 15ish extra gallons in the sump.

I have a JBJ Artica 1/15 that should work to bring the temp down 5-7 degrees. PM me your phone number.

Grant to the rescue! +1 for stepping up and good luck with the tank OP

Luckily it's cooling off fast outside so you should be okay through the night. Fan blowing at the top of the sump might help too for the time being

You can use any kind of fan blowing across the top of the tank. I cool my 40g Breeder with just a box fan. Last night, I forgot to turn it off and the water temp got down to 74 degrees. If that doesn't work...like Grant...I've got a 1/5th hp unit over here but you'll need some kind of a pump to run it (feed it water).

+1 to ice and fan.

Hopefully it works out man. Wish I had an extra one laying around.

Might be some good prep for the daytime tomorrow to have some frozen bottles/jugs ready

if you do use ice bottles use ro/di water in them so if they do leak it wont be as big of a deal

Back