Emergency! Yellow Coris Wrasse looks injured!

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Like it says in the title, near the tail of my Yellow Wrasse it looks like it was injured. Like some blood under the surface. It can still swim but looks stressed and looks like it may die. I can't get it out but how can I help? It ate fine. I think my shrimp may have gotten a pop at it while it was under the sand or something. Any suggestions?

Cory post a picture if you can.....sometimes when yellow coris dive in and out of the sand there is some red on the side. It happens to mine occasionally....nothing to worry about if thats the case.

workin on it. he is between a shell and a rock and it is dark where he is. breathing a little heavy/fast also.

i heard my pistol shrimp fire off its claw really quick. 2 shots in a matter of milliseconds.

when he comes out I'll get a pic. He can swim but looks a little disoriented. pending better pics.

Probably not, as I know you've checked, but thats many of the symptoms of high ammonia......

All check out fine
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Test were done w/API Saltwater Master Test Kit and 80* water
All my other inhabitants are just fine as well. (corals and fish and inverts)

Edit:
Forgot to add pH.
pH: 8.2-.3

I had a miss test (dirty tube) was readying 7.4, bout had a heart attach when I saw the color change that quick, went and washed the tube dried and tested again and all is well... whew, even did a 3rd test to confirm. results are the same.

Also haven't seen the wrasse since he, I assume, went in to the sand.... he doesn't stay out very long just enough to eat and take care of some flatworms... he looked ok last I saw but I'm still a lil worried.

Injuries happen all the time in home reefs. Fish are rather miraculous at healing for the most part. Generally if it's eating, it'll be ok. So I think your lil guy will pull through. g'luck!

Thanks for the support Jin, can't wait to get home from school to find out if he is still kickin... i mean swimming lol

How clean is your sand bed? They sleep there, and could get bacterial infections if its really dirty. A wise man told me that...Jin

yup Jin said the same to me. Its clean, I have several large snails roaming in there stirring it up eating the gunk. Just got home and don't see him which is not unusual... he tends to hide till later in the evening. I'm just going to wait till he pops up.

Back