Equipment failure while out of town

genesis

Market
Reaction score
So went up to Helen,GA for an Army sponsored marriage retreat for 3 days. I've been out of town before so prepped everything as usual- IP Camera, auto feeder, RKE controlling everything etc. well the feeder failed and dumped all the pellet food into the tank. Couldn't tell on the ip camera, just thought it was the normal growth on the glass until I got home and saw what looked like 2 weeks of uncleaned glass in the matter of days. The fish and clean up crew ate up all the food but I suspect this drove my phosphates up pretty high. Going to be doing a w/c tomorrow and get her back to normal

image_zpss98dmmpb.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

image_zpskbeitym6.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

image_zpsitk9hkvy.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

Man that sucks! Could have been a lot worse, though. I'm sure the fish appreciated ;)

Glad everything will be ok!
How did that come apart? Did it break or is it a seam for cleaning? Maybe call the manufacture if this wasn't user error and let them know about the equipment issue, could save others...

ElitheLion;1062570 wrote: Man that sucks! Could have been a lot worse, though. I'm sure the fish appreciated ;)

I'm sure they were loving the all you can eat Buffett lol

Camellia;1062595 wrote: Glad everything will be ok!
How did that come apart? Did it break or is it a seam for cleaning? Maybe call the manufacture if this wasn't user error and let them know about the equipment issue, could save others...

Well it was partly my fault. When refilling it last time I broke one of the plastic lock in pieces. Guess that was enough to break away the entire thing after so many rotations

thanhreef;1062670 wrote: LOL. It'd run out of food so the fishes jumped up and smack down :)

:wow2: why didn't I think of that, going to have to keep an eye on these fellas

Murphy's Law of Reefkeeping #2. Equipment only ever fails when no one is home.

Jenn

Back