Eshopps HOB overflow box

pkaugusta

Market
Reaction score
Anyone who has experience in using Eshopps HOB overflow box ? I am planning to do it for my 125 .I need advice . should I do it or consider drilling ?

I have 4 with overflow boxes and 6 drilled, I would always go with drilled if I have the option.:yes:

Raz0945;1053223 wrote: I have 4 with overflow boxes and 6 drilled, I would always go with drilled if I have the option.:yes:

+1 I haven't run an overflow box myself. I'm not sure the risks involved are worth it. Drill it, you'll be much happier in the long run.

I have a 125 old tank. There is no label about tempered or not ( tank is really old) . I will try to check them with those cinema 3D glasses. I hope its not tempered. but I guess chances are slim.

PKAugusta;1053236 wrote: I have a 125 old tank. There is no label about tempered or not ( tank is really old) . I will try to check them with those cinema 3D glasses. I hope its not tempered. but I guess chances are slim.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :)

PKAugusta;1053201 wrote: Anyone who has experience in using Eshopps HOB overflow box ? I am planning to do it for my 125 .I need advice . should I do it or consider drilling ?

Been running one on my QT tank for over a year - it's worked fine.

how do you match the pump to the overflow rate?Because the way I understand it is that this looks like more a siphoning action(than actual overflow) . once the water level goes down below the u tube, everything should stop . (delay in pumping ). then when the pump picks up, water should flow out and there is no way the overflow can put the water back to the sump ( air in u tube).

an overflow box setup with a Bell Siphon will start on it's own with no intervention. If setup properly they are very near as safe as drilled.

PKAugusta;1053247 wrote: how do you match the pump to the overflow rate?Because the way I understand it is that this looks like more a siphoning action(than actual overflow) . once the water level goes down below the u tube, everything should stop . (delay in pumping ). then when the pump picks up, water should flow out and there is no way the overflow can put the water back to the sump ( air in u tube).

The one I have is a three compartment. 1 inside the tank and 2 outside. It will maintain the siphon even if the return pump is shut off. So even when I shut off the pump for maintenance the flow would start right back up as soon as the tank level reached the top of the inside compartment.

Drydock;1053300 wrote: The one I have is a three compartment. 1 inside the tank and 2 outside. It will maintain the siphon even if the return pump is shut off. So even when I shut off the pump for maintenance the flow would start right back up as soon as the tank level reached the top of the inside compartment.
Which brand and model is that ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PKAugusta;1053404 wrote: Which brand and model is that ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Eshopps PF-800
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1053584=64477-pf800.jpg
>
1053584=64477-pf800.jpg
class="gc-images" title="pf800.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I have the dual, pulls more water then a standard 1" or 1.5" overblow box
Also you keep more open room but its less aesthetic

Fitnessitalia;1053933 wrote: I have the dual, pulls more water then a standard 1" or 1.5" overblow box
Also you keep more open room but its less aesthetic

:thumbs: Mine went on a small QT, so price was more important than flow and looks.

Back