Ever dump saltwater on an led light?

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this out of curiosity. Last night I was pouring fresh saltwater into my sump and slipped and dumped close to a half gallon onto my fuge light while it was on..
I freaked and unplugged immediately dyed off with a towel and left off all night. Turned back on this morning and smelled like burning electrical and acted crazy for the next 2 hours was unable controll via buttons and shut it down permanently. Put together a diy fuge light from lowes for the time being. Is there any way to right something like this?15800737441004875770909233396732.jpg15800737927437086826243365169389.jpg

Thought I'd post this out of curiosity. Last night I was pouring fresh saltwater into my sump and slipped and dumped close to a half gallon onto my fuge light while it was on..
I freaked and unplugged immediately dyed off with a towel and left off all night. Turned back on this morning and smelled like burning electrical and acted crazy for the next 2 hours was unable controll via buttons and shut it down permanently. Put together a diy fuge light from lowes for the time being. Is there any way to right something like this?View attachment 17279View attachment 17280
It maybe a goner. Especially if you smelled something burning. That was probably the magical smoke that electrical stuff run on. If you let that out then it probably won't work. There was probably stuff some residual moisture in the light and when you plugged it back in it fried something.

Put the light in a brown paper bag, close it up and place in the sunlight for a couple of days. Then try turning it on & when you do, be ready to shut it off quickly, in case it still has a short.

Back