Experience with Aqua Media Kalk Stirrer?

rostato

Market
Reaction score
As the title says, anyone have experience with these?

As soon as I get my phosphates in check and my ATO working flawlessly I am going to start Kalk dosing.

I just bought a phosban reactor so that should be set up this week.

So my next purchase is a kalk reactor. I really like the Aqua medics stirrer 1000 design because I dont want to run another timer and I dont want to worry about a maxi jet seal breaking down.

I also dont want to just mix it in with my top of water in the bucket because it seems like it would be more of a hassle than anything.

I have looked into the calcium reactors and I think it is just too much money to invest. I only plan to keep one or 2 SPS and an aray of softies and LPS. I have never eperenced with them so this tank is a test bed for me, and I think Kalk is the way to go.

I have one and it works really well. It constantly stirs the kalk unlike some other units on the market so you always get a consistent amount of kalk in the water. It's quiet, easy to use and setup. It's all you need when it comes to kalk.

Sweet. Where did you guys get yours from? They are all over. I just want to find the best price.

I always recommend aquabuys when the prices are close. If you ever have a problem with it, Sam will make it right. I bought a MH once that died after a month. Sam replaced it the very next day.

Dosing Kalk will also help you with your phosphate problems since it precipitates out phosphate, so you may not want to wait on starting.

And are we talking about the Aqua Medic stirrers or another company, Aqua Media?

Yup Aqua Medic. My bad. I cant type today.

That right I forgot about the phosphate benifits of Kalkwasser. I will go look for one today...

Back