Experienced Opinion Needed!

camg

Market
Reaction score
I finally got my two clowns moved into their new home, my 75gal tank.:yay:YAY!!! All of my corals are moved over and I currently have about fifty pounds of live rock in the tank. There is also forty pounds of live sand. This tank has been in cycle for about a month and one week. Now on to the question. I have a Green Bubble Tip Anemone that is currently still in the tank I am moving. What should I do about this? I really need to get this tank out of my room.

Would this be an option:

I am using the substrate, some of my live rock, and water from the tank break down to get my new seahorse tank up and going. Could I put the Anemone in there since the tank will be pretty much cycled? He wont be staying, just a temporary fix till I get the horse tank ready and give the big tank a little more time to cycle and become stable.

All opinions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks Yall!
Camden Goddard

camg;200839 wrote:

Would this be an option:

I am using the substrate, some of my live rock, and water from the tank break down to get my new seahorse tank up and going. Could I put the Anemone in there since the tank will be pretty much cycled? He wont be staying, just a temporary fix till I get the horse tank ready and give the big tank a little more time to cycle and become stable.

FIRST: Test the water in the seahorse tank first since disturbing the sand by moving it from one tank to another could cause a spike. Liverock should be moved quickly, since any die-off (sponges, etc.) can also affect the water quality.

Otherwise, since you're basically just moving some of the anemone's environment into another tank, there should be no reason not to move the 'nem along with it. Make sure the critter is still receiving sufficient light and flow and if the clowns were helping to feed it, you'll need to take over that task with some target feeding occasionally until the clowns are once again hosting.

Also, you could float the 'nem in a basket or collander in the seahorse tank since you don't want it to permanently attach to anything in its temporary digs.

Just an opinion, but that is what I'd do.

Back