External Pump Questions

oldedb

Market
Reaction score
I am installing an external pump (Reeflo Hammerhead) and have a few questions....

1. I can get away with a straight run from the sump to the in take but i would have much better space utilization if i used 2 90's to shorten the distance between the pump and the sump. Would i see any performance issues with using 2 90's?

2. What is the best dampening material to use under the pump? I have read everything from mousepads to industrial strength rubber mat.

3. Where can i get an intake screen? Or is there a wayt to make one

Thanks!

1. The 90's will diminish the flow considerably. That's not good for the intake side as you could starve the pump.

2. The hammerhead shouldn't need dampening. They are super quiet to begin with. If it's making noise then it's got other issues such as a bad bearing or bearings. Should you want something anyway...Hobby Lobby sells compressed foam in different thicknesses that would work.

3. I know you can get intake screens at Pure Reef. There's probably a few other LFS that will carry those too....like Sea. What size do you need? I may even have one.

Thanks Jeff - I would need a 1.5" intake screen. I can pick one up at Pure Reef no problem. If you have an extra, I would be more than happy to pay you for it since I am very close to Johns Creek.

oldedb;968909 wrote: Thanks Jeff - I would need a 1.5" intake screen. I can pick one up at Pure Reef no problem. If you have an extra, I would be more than happy to pay you for it since I am very close to Johns Creek.

I looked. Only had 1 that size and I'm going to be using it on a project.

Back