EzPz Dino Treatment that seems to work.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
So I've been pretty neglectful of my upstairs tank as of late. Just been busy and whatever time I do have for my tanks I put into my 420. This tank is just a 60 gallon frag tank that used to be connected to my upstairs display. It has some nice high end zoas and shrooms mostly and has been on autopilot for a long time. I had dinos pop up twice now though and this last batch was bad... and dino-x did nothing to them this time.

This time I tried just raising the temperature up from 76 to 82 degrees and kept it like that for a week. I didn't change anything else and wow... the dino is all dead after 6 days. All fish and coral are doing well. I kept the lights on the regular schedule and didn't change anything else.

Just thought I would share something that might help someone else that runs into dinos. It worked for me but this could strictly be coincidental. :jin:

That's awesome I never tried adjusting the temp. I got them from not having enough nutrients for anything else to compete. Once I added another fish and increased feedings they started to dwindle. Then I added a UV and they disappeared within a few days.

I saw someone talking about this treatment and it seems like a great solution. I believe it was @Suescuno but I'm now certain. I'm curious though, have you brought the temp back down and had them stay away?

I tried it, didn’t work so now I’m wondering if these are really dinos I’m still dealing with or just diatoms because when I had dinos they could be wiped off easily, the stuff I have now is green under whites and has to be scrubbed off.

Back