fastest way to produce coraline

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
Ok so i have a 20 long packed with fiji and mixed rock, i have a heater set to 76 degrees a maxijet 900 at one end and an aquaclear 50 at the other end for filtration and circulation, light is just a super old power compact daylight. Im dosing purple up nightly and just wondering if there is anything else i should be doing i want to get this rock colored up for my seahorse project soon to come. Do i need to set a lighting cycle? Is a certain PAR needed to obtain coraline. Thanks

seed by scraping some of your current Coraline...just thought I'd throw that out there. Every time I scrape the sides of my glass, it grows back 10 fold...so I figure it'd do the same on rock.

i will give you a bunch of coraline sheets that i can scrape of the back wall of my tank, if you bring the phone to my house when you get the storm.

Test and adjust these elements to about these levels:

Magnesium: 1300-1400ppm
Calcium: 400-450ppm
dKH: 8-10ppm
pH: 8.3-8.4

You'll also need iodine and strontium at proper levels(I2: .06mg/l, Sr: 8ppm), but your salt mix should be enough to provide that.

Coraline is an algae and needs light to grow, but I've grown plenty in dim tanks. The circulation will help.

take and run your actinics on 24-7 for 4 weeks then start backing the lighting down 1 hr a day till you get the light cycle where you want it.

ares;237826 wrote: purple up isnt all its cracked up to be.

try more traditional supplements to be sure everything is getting to where it needs to be.

I liked it, but it killed my PH. I couldn't keep PH above 8 w/ purple up.

Back