Favia dropping Babies!

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
76B1C281-3654-4EA4-ADEA-00A2EC933B56_zpsiup9wdik.jpg
alt="" />

Well I've never heard of Favia "dropping" babies but as you can see, it is! I've had this piece for 4 +years, it's bigger than a baseball. It hasn't been injured that I know of, at least not recently.

The baby has a mouth. I'm going to let it be and see what happens.

Deb, my Christmas Favia drops babies, I try to put them on disk as soon as they detach from the mother. My hippo tang will pick them up and drop them in the back of the tank I dont. Hope you are feeling good!:)

Raz0945;1032127 wrote: Deb, my Christmas Favia drops babies, I try to put them on disk as soon as they detach from the mother. My hippo tang will pick them up and drop them in the back of the tank I dont. Hope you are feeling good!:)

Wow! That's crazy, I had no idea!
It's about to fall off, maybe I can get my son to glue it to a disk :)
Thanks Holley

Last week when I looked at my Christmas Favia in the middle of the night, some of it's feeding tenacals were over an inch, maybe close to two inches long. There was a white cloud of tenacal like I'd never seen before!
Oh, and my Fat Head Dendro has popped out 6, SIX babies!
Wonder what's going on?

Camellia;1032143 wrote: Wow! That's crazy, I had no idea!
It's about to fall off, maybe I can get my son to glue it to a disk :)
Thanks Holley

Last week when I looked at my Christmas Favia in the middle of the night, some of it's feeding tenacals were over an inch, maybe close to two inches long. There was a white cloud of tenacal like I'd never seen before!
Oh, and my Fat Head Dendro has popped out 6, SIX babies!
Wonder what's going on?

I need to know your secret. I've had my dendros for 4yrs now, and the two original heads are now four...

quote=Declanisadog;103
10EAF486-4F10-45C6-9DF7-589279141953_zps2lkqwfdo.jpg
alt="" />2145]I need to know your secret. I've had my dendros for 4yrs now, and the two original heads are now four...[/QUOTE]

Lol, I do feed it but was shocked to see it pop so many!

Looks like more are popping out on the other side, I hope!

thats awesome, i've seen a goniopora do that but never a favia. very cool

Back